Indigenous Health Workforce Traineeship Program
Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation
The Indigenous Health Workforce Traineeships (IHWT) Program provides training and support to Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander peoples living in Victoria to complete an accredited qualification.
VACCHO, as the largest Aboriginal community controlled Registered Training Organisation in Victoria, offers a wide range of accredited courses in areas including:
- Aboriginal Health (to become an Aboriginal Health Worker in a clinic or hospital)
- Allied Health (e.g. in maternity support or as an alcohol/other drugs worker)
- Health Promotion (e.g. nutrition, tobacco education or health promotion)
- Personal care (Elder or people with disabilities support)
- Mental Health (Counsellor or as a case worker)
- Child Protection (support and protect boorai, children and parents)
- Business Administration (office administration, Finance, Human Resources or IT)
- Management (start training to become a Team Leader or Manager)
Students will receive guidance, support, cultural mentorship and supervision for the duration of their program, to help them succeed in their studies and their future careers.
All educational costs are covered, and trainees will receive a weekly wage from the organisation they are employed by.